When it comes to selling in the B2B world, staying on top of the latest marketing trends is vital. Digital marketing is constantly evolving; unfortunately, the healthcare industry tends to lag behind in adopting these latest best practices and growing trends. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
In this post, we are going to outline a list of the best Digital Marketing 2023 trends to be on the lookout for this year. We will also provide tips on implementing them within your brand’s marketing strategy today.
Let’s dive in.
Digital Marketing 2023 | Quality Content Over Quantity Content
Not too long ago, there was a belief in the digital marketing community that the more content you released, the better your website would rank. The consequences of such thinking resulted in some brands publishing low-quality, unhelpful, and “fluff”-filled posts to their sites that flooded search results pages and frustrated users who couldn’t find adequate answers to what they were searching for.
Too many brands were focusing on the quantity of their content versus the actual quality of it
And while this strategy isn’t as popular as it may have been in the past, one of Google’s latest algorithm updates should finally lay it to rest.
In August of 2022, Google announced its “Helpful Content Update,” an update that essentially rewards those sites whose content is useful and relevant and penalizes those whose content is not. [I] Specifically, Google announced that marketers should “Avoid creating content for search engines first” and instead focus on “people-first content.” [I] Overall, Google stated that the aim of this update is to “better reward content where visitors feel they’ve had a satisfying experience, while content that doesn’t meet a visitor’s expectations won’t perform as well.” [I]
What does this mean for Digital Marketing 2023?
It means that content creators will need to focus heavily on developing thorough, relevant, and helpful content—even if it means having to scale back on the quantity of content being published.
And nowhere is accuracy and relevancy more important than in the healthcare field. Making sure you can answer your target audience’s questions adequately, accurately, and thoughtfully is essential.
What are some ways you could create helpful content for your audience in 2023?
Here are some ideas:
- Look at your competitors’ content—what questions are they answering that you are not? Could you answer any of those questions better?
- Evaluate content you’ve already published—are there any ways you could improve it? Make it easier to read? Make it more thorough? Add in more actionable steps or takeaways?
- What are your target audience’s biggest pain points? Can you develop any content (ultimate guides, list of resources, templates) that could alleviate these frustrations?
These are just a few of many ideas for developing people-first content—a trend that doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon and one that Google is wholeheartedly endorsing.
Digital Marketing 2023 | Short-form Video Content
Unless you live somewhere isolated from the internet, it should come as no surprise that short-form video content is on the rise.
According to a Marketing Industry Trends Survey from HubSpot, “Short-form video has the highest ROI of any social media marketing strategy.” [ii] Whether it’s Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, or TikTok, brands are leveraging short-form videos to engage their audiences and build brand awareness.
But don’t assume that video content is limited to these social channels. B2B healthcare brands can (and should) be using video on their own websites too. As short-form video content continues to become more and more ubiquitous, audiences will gravitate toward brands that can explain their value proposition or solution in quick and compelling videos over brands that only provide text-based explanations.
The healthcare industry is incredibly complex—short-form video provides a great medium through which digital marketers can break down these complex concepts into easily digestible snapshots of information.
Here are a few ways you could use short-form videos within your healthcare brand:
- Is there a case study that you could transform into video format to highlight the benefits of your services or solution?
- do you have a complex process related to your brand that you could break down with simple animations?
- What’s the culture of your brand like? Could you visually convey the characteristics of that culture in a video?
Again, these are just a few ideas to help inspire you to take advantage of this growing trend in your digital marketing 2023 strategy.
Digital Marketing 2023 | Social Media and Recruitment
For years, the healthcare industry has faced labor shortages that were further exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. As healthcare companies continue to search for ways to alleviate these shortages, one growing digital marketing trend they should be aware of is social media recruiting.
A 2019 Job Seeker National Survey found that 35% of respondents look for new job openings on social media. [iii] The healthcare industry can sometimes be slow to adopt new approaches to doing things—especially digital trends. However, maintaining an active social media presence is no longer simply a “nice to have” for brands but a “need to have.”
2023 will continue to show how social media can be used for more than just growing brand awareness; it can be used (with great success) for things like recruitment and even customer support. As digital marketing continues to evolve, so will the tools used with it.
If your brand has little to no engagement on its social accounts, it’s probably time to adopt some new strategies for your digital marketing 2023 calendar. Consider:
- Creating a consistent social media content calendar
- Spending some time researching brands that engage their audiences well on social media and making a note of how
- Testing different kinds of content and seeing which resonates best (infographics, videos, thought leadership insights, etc.)
Partnering with ArchKATect
If, after reading this post, you think your brand could do a better job of staying on top of these digital marketing trends, there’s no need to worry. Our team at ArchKATect exists to help brands just like yours implement the latest best practices in digital marketing in the healthcare space. Whether you need help establishing a social media presence, creating people-first content, or anything in between, we are ready to help. Let us take you to Digital Marketing 2023 and beyond.
References AND RESOURCES
- Google Developers. (n.d.). What creators should know about Google’s helpful content update | Google Search Central Blog. [online] Available at: https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2022/08/helpful-content-update.
- Bretous, M. (2021). 3 Short-Form Video Trends Online Marketers Should Watch in 2021. [online] blog.hubspot.com. Available at: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/short-form-video-trends.
- The Strength of the Job Market is One-Sided. (n.d.). [online] Available at: https://www.jobvite.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019_Job_Seeker_Nation.pdf.